The European Commission recently unveiled Next Generation EU, its new recovery instrument that plans to:
“turn the immense challenge we face into an opportunity, not only by supporting the recovery but also by investing in our future: the European Green Deal and digitalization“, as European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen put it. Not everyone agrees with this optimism, especially environmental organisations.
Final Agenda with Confirmed Speakers
14:00 – 14:30 Introduction & Presentation of the ECF Recommendations
- Jill Warren and Morten Kabell, co-CEO’s, European Cyclists’ Federation
14:30 – 15:25 Panel discussion: Cycling for a safe COVID-19 recovery and beyond
- Moderator: Raluca Fiser, President of Green Revolution, ECF Vice-President
- Karima Delli, MEP, Chair of Transport and Tourism Committee, European Parliament
- Christophe Najdovski, Deputy Mayor for Transport and Public Space, City of Paris, and ECF President
- Miguel Gaspar, Deputy Mayor for Mobility and Safety, City of Lisbon
- Saskia Kluit, Member of Dutch Senate and Director, Fietserbond
- Will Haynes, Infrastructure Director, Sustrans
15:25 – 15:30 Final words with Matthew Baldwin, Deputy Director-General, DG Move, European Commission
Join this European Cyclists Federation online event on Wednesday 3 June -World Bicycle Day!- and hear what some of the top experts in sustainable mobility in Europe think of it.