CAN is New Zealand’s national network of cycling advocates. We work with government, local authorities, businesses and the community on behalf of cyclists, for a better cycling environment.
CAN’s goals are to:
- Promote the benefits of cycling
- Improve safety for cyclists
- Encourage the creation of a good cycling environment
- Advocate for integrated cycle planning
- Increase the number of cyclists on our roads.
CAN was formed in 1997 as New Zealand’s national network of cycling advocate groups. It is the national voice for everyday people on bicycles – recreational, commuter and touring. In 2015 we changed our name from Cycling Advocates’ Network to Cycling Action Network and in 2016 we restructured from a national committee to a board with elected and regional members, and an executive team.