Independent NGO, headquartered in Utrecht. 1500 volunteers, organized in 150 local branches.
The Fietsersbond is the Dutch Cyclists’ Union that campaigns for better cycling conditions in the Netherlands. With 150 local branches, 1500 volunteers and over 35 people employed at head office our goals are: well maintained, smooth and direct cycling routes, more and improved parking spaces for bikes, action against bicycle theft and for more safety in traffic for cyclists.
• Development of a crowdsourced cycling route planner, maintained by volunteers (link: routeplanner.fietsersbond.nl)
• Giving advice to local, regional and national authorities about cycling policy
• National and regional campaigns about cycling facilities, road safety and bike lighting.
• Research about cycling in the Netherlands
• Quarterly magazine for members: Vogelvrije Fietser (link: vogelvrijefietser.nl)