5 cyclist’s houses In Brussels and Wallonia.
Pro Velo started out in 1992 as Brussels’ cyclists wanted to join forces. The main goal was to support the development of cycle infrastructure and promote cycling. Since then, Pro Velo has developed in a service organisation operating from 5 cyclist’s houses In Brussels and Wallonia.
The main services are:
- Education in cycling, for both children and adults, including a special school programme and an educational service for enterprises and public authorities
- Bicycle Rent: renting out good quality city bikes for individuals and groups
- Tourism: guided bicycle tours, for individuals and groups
- Organisation of bicycle events, of which “Dring Dring”, the Brusselscycling week is the biggest
- Study service: advising public services, local authorities and firms “how to become bicycle friendly”.