Pro Velo Schweiz Suisse Svizzera includes 36 regional and local associations (Cantons, Regions or Municipality).
Pro Velo Schweiz Suisse Svizzera is responsible for lobbying and defending projects, causes and rights for cyclists on the national scale. Membership organs are the magazines “velojournal” (German) and “PRO VELO info” (French).
Headquarters are located in Berne. Regional offices are located in the major cities (Zurich, Geneva and Basle).
Headquarters’ staff: 8 employees
National committee: 9 members
Pro Velo Schweiz Suisse Svizzera is:
- An indispensable partner in the cycling traffic planning and policy-making on the national scale
- A consumers’ right organisation
- An important promoter of the bicycle as a healthy, practical and ecological means of transportation
- A partner in the transportation modal-split development
- A major help in the learning-process of riding a bicycle (in particular for children).
Pro Velo Schweiz Suisse Svizzera provides the following services to the community:
- Bike to work – a national campaign for businesses and local/regional authorities to increase commuting by bicycle www.biketowork.ch)
- bike2school – a national campaign for promoting the use of bicycle amongst school pupils (www.bike2school.ch)
- Prix Velo – a national award for bicycle-friendly businesses (www.prixvelo.ch)
- Cycling Courses – safety trainings for children, young people and adults (www.velokurs.ch)
- Bikestations – Swiss Coordination Centre for Bike Parking-Facilities (www.velostation.ch)
- Bikes markets – Second-Hand Bicycle-Fairs, throughout the Country several times a year (www.pro-velo.ch/boersen)
- Velokiosk – Bicycle-Shop (www.velokiosk.ch)
And many other activities!